Monday, January 17, 2011

Week Two

A challenge that i have had so far is waiting. I'm very excited to get the facebook page and video page started but unfortunately we have to wait to be approved by a few specific people before we can even make it. Another challenge I have been having is dealing with Photo release forms. We have many pr forms but not all of those animals are boarding so photography and videography has been a little bit difficult and slow. I am hopeful that we can get the facebook approved soon so that we can get started! lastly, in order to interact, play, or walk any of the animals at club pet, you must be trained first because the dogs belong to people, not the center. I am not dog trained yet making these irresistible little puppies untouchable to me! my mentor Myriah told me that if we have time next week that she would maybe be able to train me, after I'm trained i will be able to do tasks with the animals during internship, and after internship when i continue volunteering!


I see my role at internship as someone stepping into a new environment and trying to make a difference. There are many challenges in doing that but it is also a really fun time. I'm hopeful that what i have been doing is making a difference and can be enjoyed by other people!

No comments:

Post a Comment