Thursday, December 9, 2010

Site Visit 11/5

Internship site visit:
I woke up at 8 in the morning, at some breakfast, and got dressed. Then I drove to my internship site (with my dad, but I’ll have my license once internship starts!) It took about twenty five minutes to get there.

When I got to my internship I was greeted by my mentor, Myriah Southards. We discussed things such as hours, daily routines and regulations. We decided that I will be working Sunday through Thursdays from 9:00 to 3:00.

Other info we went over:
Dress code
Closed toed shoes
HWAC T-shirt and jeans
No dangly jewelry
The project
Need to create timeline for project before internship
Read volunteer handbook
Read HWAC handbook
Research other animal kennels ways of marketing
Create Facebook page
Create video(s) of animals
Get release forms and take pictures
Regular day schedule
Learn to manage and organize important files and paper work
Understand the other volunteer’s paperwork and schedule
Help coordinate volunteer’s work
Inserting information online and paper properly
Daily animal care taking
Earlier volunteering options
Sundays from 1-4 until internship begins
Attend volunteer orientation January 8th (possibly get individually trained earlier)9. What will your days and hours be?
Sunday-Thursday 9:00-3:00

The area around my internship is pretty rural, there are large properties with horses and big houses. The roads are long and wavy with very little traffic. There is a town center right across the street where could buy my lunch, but there is also a kitchen inside my work where I can keep my food. When my work day is over, I will drive to Point Loma and pick up my sister then go.

No comments:

Post a Comment